Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sweet Tooth Tuesdays : Crunchie Munchies

You guys are in for a treat.  I am going to share with you one of my ALL-TIME favorite treats:

Crunchie-Munchies!


Seriously.  I could eat the whole pan.  I would go into a sugar coma, but I would be oh-so happy :)

This is such an easy recipe to-boot as well.  Simple ingredientes, simple instructions, delicious results!

Here's how you can go about making these yummy treats:
*Printable Recipe Here*

Now, you can melt everything using either the microwave or the stove top.  The way my Mom makes it, she puts it in a pot & melts the chips.  I've used the microwave, and I also use a double-boiler method.  Whatever you are most comfortable with.

So, we're going to take some Butterscotch chips & Peanut Butter and melt them together.


-You can use any kind of peanut butter, it doesn't matter-

Once melted, add in some Rice Krispies


 Mix it all together, and try not to munch on them


Press half the mixture into a greased pan, and throw it into the fridge to set up.


In the meantime.....melt together the chocolate, butter, and some water.


 Stir in the powdered sugar, until it has melted into the chocolate.


Take the pan out of the fridge, and pour the chocolate over the top; spreading the chocolate all around.


Top it with the leftover Rice Krispies


Now, here's the hard part....stick it back in the fridge, for at least an hour.  You really want everything to harden up.  If you were to eat it now, it would be crumbly and all over the place.  Trust me :)

Once you've let it set, cut yourself a big slice


And Enjoy!



2 comments:

Tiffanee said...

Oh yum! I can see how they could be very addicting!!

Keri said...

You take the best food pictures... It makes your recipe extremely tantalizing!