Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Pumpkin Sheet Cake


I love Fall time for many reasons-especially the yummy smells and food. I LOVE to cook up a ton of pumpkin stuff when fall arrives. This is one of my recipes I especially like! I found this recipe several years ago in the newspaper and I'm so glad I decided to cut this recipe out because it is seriously one of the best recipes ever! Every time I make this I get rave reviews and people asking for the recipe! The cake is really moist and the cream cheese frosting tops it off!

Pumpkin Sheet Cake
  • 15 oz can pumpkin
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Frosting:
  • 3 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 5 TBS butter, softened
  • 1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 3-4 tsp milk
  • chopped walnuts
In a large mixing bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, and oil until blended. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture, beating until well blended. Pour into a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let cool.
For frosting, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla til fluffy. Gradually add sugar until smooth. Add milk. Frost cake and then top with chopped nuts. Slice and enjoy!
.



You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


1 comments:

Maria said...

Your pumpkin cake sounds delicious! I only have a couple of pumpkin baking recipes but want to try more, thanks for sharing yours! It looks wonderful!