Thursday, October 25, 2012

DIY Thursday: Fabdecor Pumpkin Patch

I feel special that I get to do a fabdecor or fablifyit post.  My project was a set of mini pumpkins.  I went to Teresa's house to get the wood and vinyl for the pumpkin faces.  Basically it was up to me what to do with them next.  Luckily I had about a week to get my creative juices flowing and get the project complete. 

I decided that the blocks/pumpkins needed a stem.  So I went to walmart and bought 5/8 inch dowel.  I then had my husband cut it up for the three stems.  He even had the idea to do the stems at a angle.  He then helped out with drilling holes into the blocks for the stems. 

I then painted the blocks orange and the stems a lime green.  I then decided the pumpkins needed a little more dimention.  So I went to the craft store to pick out some Halloween paper and ribbon.  My cute husband came with me to help pick out the paper.  He was even pro me getting more than one pad of Halloween paper.  I think he was just as excited as me.  (Don't tell him I said that)

I then went home and cut out the paper the size of each blocks and mod podge the paper to front side.  I then put on the vinyl faces and mod podge it again.  After that was complete I put in painted stems in the drilled hole and tied bows to them. 




This was a fun project and I am excited to have more halloween crafts to decorate my house. 



You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: