Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Wildcard Wednesday: Spiderweb!

Hi friends! I might have another addiction this month. It might be HALLOWEEN DECORATIONS. I am crazy just plain crazy ask my husband :) I saw a spiderweb picture frame here and I thought now I finally have a project to use my weird rectangle shaped frames that I have been holding on to for a "few" years. I ran to my basement, pulled one out and got straight to work (beginning of sept). If you don't have a random rectangle one like me than just use an 8x10 or whatever size you want. :) 
I painted my frame purple and grabbed some black yarn
 (only color I had and really wanted to make it NOW!) 

 I just stretched the yarn in an x and a + hot gluing it onto the back lip. 

Then i just tied a piece around to make the web part and tied it at each intersection. I tried just wrapping it like the other tutorial said but... it pulled the web at weird angles and bothered me so the tie option worked perfect.
 Lastly I was thinking of making a spider out of paper or my favorite sculpty, but then i found a 3 pack of these glow in the dark spiders at the dollar store so it won. 
Okay readers I have a bit of a conundrum. Do I attach the orange tissue paper onto the back or leave it open to the wall?? Leave a comment and tell me your favorite orange or white?? I can't decide! :) 



You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


1 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Such a cute and easy craft...I kind of like the bright pop of orange behind the web:-)