Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Rapunzel Birthday Cake

 Earlier this month we celebrated my daughter's 4th birthday and this year she told me she wanted a Rapunzel birthday cake. I really like to bake and create fun cakes so I got on Pinterest, looked at a few different ideas and started creating!



This is what the cake looks like before it's all decorated. I baked two 8 inch round cakes and then placed some cupcakes in the center and secured them by placing a wooden skewer down the center of them. I then placed a sugar cone on top to created the "tower". 



I made my own frosting to decorate and used around 6 cups total for decorating. I used a Wilton tip #18 to make the grass and cover the tower and then a tip #12 to make the small flowers. If I remember right I think I used the tip #18  to make the vines on the tower as well. To complete the cake I placed a small Rapunzel I bought at Walmart next to her tower! I thought it turned out great and my daughter loved her cake!!!


You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Great knowledge, do anyone mind merely reference back to it cupcakes in montgomery al