Sunday, June 12, 2011

Intro to the fabulous Trinity Hansen =)

My name is Trinity Hansen.  I have been married since December of 2003 and as a result have brought the 2 cutest kids ever into the world (I don't care what you other moms think, mine are cuter than yours! =)  )  Growing up, I couldn't cook, craft, sew, paint, or do anything remotely creative.  Everyone in my family was blessed with some kind of creative talent, and I used to think that maybe I missed the day in heaven they were handing those out.  My mom tells me that she used to worry that I was going to starve in college because I had a hard time even boiling water.  Then I got married and found out that cooking from a box (or the take-out menu) isn't the best thing to do.  I started dabbling in cooking but not much because I was in school and working full time.  Then I had my daughter and got to be a stay at home mom.  Suddenly, I had a bit more time on my hands.  I started scrapbooking tons more, because with a kid as cute as she was, I had tons of pictures =) I started cooking a bit more, but still not too much because I started working at a daycare.  Then I had my son and got to stay home full time again.  Since then, I have been constantly trying new dishes and treats because for some funny reason my husband and kids think they need to eat a few times a day.  What's up with that?  I am not an expert, by far, but I think most of what I make is pretty good.....I haven't given anyone food poisoning yet =)  Since I've started "exercising" my creative muscles, I'm finding that there are other things that I'm not too shabby at.  Scrapbooking, vinyl lettering projects, cards, etc are a few things that I love to do now.  I am always looking for new ideas and ways to improve and build my arsenal.  I am not the most talented or creative person out there, but I sure have come a long way in the past few years.
After having kids, as most women know, your body doesn't stay the same as before the kids.  I've tried to eat healthier and exercise more so that maybe I can look like I did in high school or fit into those skinny jeans (isn't that the dream we all chase at one point in our lives? =)  ).  One diet that I have followed that has had amazing results for me was Weight Watchers.  So a lot of my diners I have tried to do the calorie/point values fo rthem.  Even though I don't really follow it anymore, I still like to keep tabs on what it is I'm eating.  So a few of my posts may have the approximate point values or tips on how to cut back the calories.  Afterall, the less calories in dinner, the more dessert I
I can have =)

0 comments: