Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Heavenly Gluten Free Pancakes


One of my favorite things to make for my oldest son is his gluten-free food. From these pancakes to bisciuts to yummy treats. I have had a blast over the last 6 years learning about new and different ways to cook. He has so many food allergies that have taught me many ways to help my family be healthier. Here are some pics and the recipe for his favorite pancakes. *I also like to add alittle more oil to the recipe to make waffles for him.*


Gluten-Free Pancakes

1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
1 1/2 TBS Xylitol/Sugar
3 tsp. gluten-free/aluminum-free baking powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
dash of cinnamon, if desired
1 egg, beaten
3 TBS expeller-pressed olive/canola oil
1 to 1 1/2 cups cold water

Combine the dry ingredients. Mix in the egg, oil and water. Mix until lumps are gone. I usually scoop out three spoon fulls, per pancake, on the griddle. Cook them at 350 - 375 degrees about 3-5 minutes per side. I let my son choose if he wants syrup(natural maple) or jam on his.

*For Waffles increase the oil to 1/3 cup, 2 eggs and 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water. Use about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of batter, depending on the size of your waffle iron/plates.

The xanthan gum is something that I have just recently begun adding to this recipe. It helps the pancakes/waffles be just as fluffy as any ohter "regular"(wheat) pancakes. ;)


ENJOY!!!!

0 comments: