Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Pumpkin Snickerdoodles





I have begun looking forward the cooler fall weather that will be on its way here shortly and decided what better way to get excited for fall then by making some pumpkin cookies. I love fall and especially the yummy recipes that use pumpkin. I just made these lovely cookies and oh man are they good! I found the recipe for these cookies on this website, but I tweaked it a little bit. I had read some of the comments and it sounded like the actual cookie was a little bland tasting so I doubled the spices cause I wanted to taste them! I also used pumpkin pie spice in the cinnamon/sugar mixture that coats the cookies instead of  ginger. I really liked how they turned out!

Pumpkin Snickerdoodles:

  • 3 3/4 cups flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract
Coating
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • dash of allspice

In medium bowl combine, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside. In a large bowl beat butter and sugars together on medium speed unitl well blended. Next beat in pumpkin. Then add the egg and vanilla. Then slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix only until all combined. Cover and refridgerate dough and one hour until firm.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In a small bowl, combine your coating ingredients. Scoop up about 2 1/2 Tablespoons worth of batter, roll into a little ball, and roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture and place on cookie sheet about two inches apart. Flatten the tops of the cookies with the palm of your hand or with the bottom of  a glass.

Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Let cool on tray about 5 minutes before transferring over to a cooling rack to let cool completely.






0 comments: