Friday, September 20, 2013

Foodie Friday: Zucchini, Black Bean, and Rice Skillet


Zucchinis Zucchinis Zucchinis everywhere and what to do and make with them all.  I have an easy recipe.  My boss gave me a huge zucchini.  I have now used it in two recipes and there is still some left over.

I made a Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet.  It was super easy.  Here is what you will need:

- 1 cup of rice (I used brown rice)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
-2 cups of cut up zucchini
- 4-6 Roma tomatoes
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 green pepper
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
-Spices to taste( I used Italian season, Rosemary, black pepper and salt)

I stared out by cooking the rice.  While the rice was cooking I cut up the zucchini, tomatoes, and green pepper.  I then put the olive oil in a skillet pan and tossed the zucchini in.  I then used a garlic press to crush up the garlic and put in the skillet with the zucchini.  I then added the green pepper.  When the garlic, zucchini and green pepper were all cooked up.  I added the tomatoes and black bean.  I then added my spices.  Once the rice was cooked I added it to skillet.  Ta Da! I am all done with this super easy and delicious meal.  When I served it I topped it with some shredded cheddar cheese. 

0 comments: