Wednesday, November 9, 2011

November Theme Challenge

For the November Theme Challenge Whitney gave all the girls a pack of patterns that she got form the DI. We were told to get creative and do whatever we wanted with them. I think the creativity was achieved. What do you think? Check them out.

Whitney: I was super exited about this challenge. When I picked the patterns to work with I had no idea what i wanted to do but thought it would be fun and an challenge for all of us. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Enjoy and the projects and the hard work the talented Girls put into them. Enjoy the Holidays!

Don't forget to vote for your favorite. The winner will post more detail on how to do it so all you viewer can make one at home.

Talented Terrace Girl #1
Scarecrow


When Whitney first gave us the patterns, I thought to myself "What in the world am I going to do with this?!" I looked up things on the world wide web and didn't really come across any ideas. I found one idea that I kinda liked and figured I guess I'll do that since I didn't have anything else. Then one day, I was at a friend's house and she showed me something she made for a Super Saturday with her mom. It was darling and I wanted to make it sometime. Then the wheels started turning....I could totally do something similar to that and incorporate my pattern project! (I used the pattern paper for the hair, and it can be used for another part but you'll just have to vote for mine so I can win and give you the tutorial) I was way happy with how it turned out. Especially since I am in need of more fall decorations. Now to keep my Destructo-Child away from it.......

Talented Terrace Girl #2
Flower Twinkle Lights


I was so excited & totally up for the challenge! Bring it on Whitney!!! Right now these are hanging above my curtains in my front room, but my big plan is to put them on my Christmas tree this year! I am way excited =) (The picture doesn't even do them justice) how cute they turned out!)

Talented Terrace Girl #3
Mini Christmas Topiaries


I will admit that I had absolutely no idea what I was going to make using a sewing pattern. I browsed the web for ideas, and found this craft except they used a couple different materials. I used the pattern in the top along with red and green tissue paper. It was easy and fun to make and I would love to show you all how to make your own!

Talented Terrace Girl #4
An Apple for All Seasons


When Whitney gave us the patterns to do something with, I was little bit clueless. So {I think along with everyone else} I scoured the internet looking for ideas. In the end I decided to add to my fall decorations & make this darling little apple. I think this beauty only cost me $5 bucks as well, so that's got to make anyone happy.

Talented Terrace Girl #5
Sewing Party


Who can pass up a party, When given this challenge I also had no idea what I wanted to do with the patterns. After thinking about it and a few trips to the the DI I came up with a fun idea. This is all you need to have a sewing party for someone in your life that loves to sew. You have a gift bag, gift tag, center pieces with the hanging flowers, invitation, and a party favor.
If you have someone in your life that loves to sew this is the perfect party theme. What to know how everything was done?......well vote for me and I will tell you if not it will be my little secret

Talented Terrace Girl #6
Handprint Turkey Plate


I love crafts- especially ones that I can make with my daughter! We did teamwork to create this cute and semi-functional Thanksgiving decoration. I am so happy with how it turned out that I will be creating more for other holidays! And just maybe- if I win- I will share my other plate ideas with you all! :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Talented Terrace Girl #7
Craft Room Lamp Re-vamp!


I had this nasty old lamp shade in my craft room, and thought would give it a little face-lift. It was fun, and turned out great.

Talented Terrace Girl #8
Circle Skirt


I actually used the pattern paper to make a new pattern for a skirt that my daughter LOVES!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, you've seen 8 great ideas, now it's your turn {as our readers} to vote for your favorite one!

0 comments: