Friday, June 15, 2012

Foodie Friday: 4th of July Strawberries

*Patriotic Strawberries*
My sister-in-law Tawnya told me that I need to post about these yummy strawberries!  How much fun are these???



They make me so happy!  Firstly because they are yummy dipped strawberries (I have a big weakness for these!) and secondly because they say  
"I LOVE AMERICA!!!!

These are super easy to make & yet will make a huge statement at your family get together!

Here's how you do it:

First find some yummy strawberries and give them a good washing...make sure you pat them dry (very important otherwise the chocolate will have a hard time sticking).

I use Almond Bark (you can find this at any supermarket in the bakery aisle) to coat my strawberries.  Follow the instructions on how to melt them.  I always melt mine in the microwave in 30 second increments until the chocolate is nice and melted.  Dip your strawberries and shake off the excess chocolate. 


Then dip the ends in a little bit of blue colored sugar.  And then lay on a piece of waxed paper (or non stick aluminum foil) to cool.


And there you have it!!!!

You should feel very patriotic now...and domestic too ;)
Double Bonus!     


 
  
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: