With today being the last day in May, and summer quickly approaching, let's break out the power tools & build some beautiful Planter Boxes!
My husband & I made Five of these beauties to put in our parking stips. I decided that I was tired of weeds, and I wanted to beautify the front of our house.
Here's what you'll need:
· (3) 2x4-8 Pressure Treated Boards
· (14) 5/8” x 5.5” x 6’ Gold Stained Fencing
· (160) 1 ½ “ Screws
· (10) 1 CU of Top Soil
· Compound Miter Saw
· Screw Driver
· Cut the pressure treated boards into 1 Foot Pieces
· Cut the Fencing Boards into 2 Foot Pieces
1. Cut all your boards at once. We’re starting an assembly line. My fencing boards were dog-eared, but that didn’t matter, they still worked & were 50 cents cheaper than the other boards.
2. To make a box, start with one 12” piece of 2x4. Take 2 2’ fencing boards, laying side by side, and butt them against one end of the 2x4. This will leave a slight overhang at the bottom, but it doesn’t really matter.
3. Use two screws per board, and screw into the 2x4’s.
4. Continue working around, until you have a completed box.
5. Place box wherever you please, and fill with 2 bags of you top soil.
6. Plant & enjoy!
Here's a look at the corners in the box:
And here's a look at the outside corners of the box. See how the top is flush together, and there's a little bit of space at the bottom??
Here's a top-view of my completed box:
And here's is one of the parking strips with the boxes...the other parking strip will have the other box.
~My materials to make 5 boxes cost me $60~
Thanks so much for stopping by!
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties: