Thursday, May 17, 2012

DIY Thursday: Menu Board

 Hey Everyone! I've seen a similar idea for this on Pinterest and I've wanted to make one of these for a while now. This craft is really easy, fast, and super cute! I did mine in a American/patriotic theme since that is what my kitchen is decorated in. I mainly wanted to make one of these to get me into the habit of meal planning since you will spend less at the store by doing so. I'm pretty excited at how it turned out and can't wait to use it!

You will need:
  • A 12x12 wood frame ( I got mine at Bennion Crafts (formally Ben Franklin crafts) for $6)
  • 12x12 sheet metal ( Bennion Crafts for $4)
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Paint
  • Modge Podge
  • Any embellishments you want
  • Glue Gun


You will first need to paint the outside edges and the inside edges of your frame. You'll want to do a color that matches well with your paper.

Next, you will need to cut your scrapbook paper into strips, mine were just over an inch in width and modge podge them onto the frame. Once they are all on, put a light coat of modge podge over the top of the paper.

Glue your sheet metal into your frame by putting four big dots of hot glue in each corner of the frame. Press down firmly on the metal to make sure it creates a strong bond.

I glued on a star in the corner to add a little more oomph to it

Ta da! Now you have a cute menu board!

You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:




1 comments:

Jeanette said...

Very cute! I've been thinking about making a chalkboard for the kitchen, but I like this idea better!