Thursday, March 8, 2012

DIY Thursday: Foam Brushes

What if I told you that you could have around 150 foam brushes for $3?

OK crafty ladies- I know how fast we use up foam brushes. I go use them just as fast as I buy them... in fact, just the other day I was doing a mod podge project and I had no foam brushes left. I panicked (just a little) and ran around the house looking for something to use...when I remembered about the dollar store sponges I had just recently bought. And I have a gazillion popsicle sticks....
Finished product complete with a coat of Mod Podge to show that they indeed work!
Materials:
Popsicle sticks (I had some in my craft drawer, but the Dollar Store sells them too- 150 sticks in a package!)
Foam sponges (I found a package of 10 at the Dollar Store)
Scissors
Materials: Popsicle sticks, sponge, and scissors

Cut the sponge into rectangles about 1/2 inch by 1 inch. You can totally cut the sponge into different sizes- I am just telling you what I used to make mine.

Insert a popsicle stick into a sponge piece. I had to make a little hole with the edge of my scissor blade to get the popsicle stick to go in far enough.

That's all!!

Buy two packages of sponges, and you now have the ability to make around 150 foam brushes.

That's right, 150 foam brushes for $3.00.

Happy Crafting!

You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very clever...I like this!