Friday, January 11, 2013

Foodie Friday: Baked Spaghetti Loaf

I (Trinity) found this recipe on the Rhodes website and thought it would be good to try.  My hubby isn't a spaghetti fan....he was served it way too much on his mission and it burned him out (even though he got home from his mission 10 years ago.....)  My kids love spaghetti and it is one of the few things they will eat without complaint.  so in order to please both parties I had to find a way to mix it up.
It was pretty easy to make...and it saved me from having to do garlic bread with the meal =)


You will need:
  • 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature (I actually made my own bread, so pretty much any bread dough recipe will work, but the Rhodes dough is a niceeasy way)
  • 6 oz spaghetti, cooked
  • 2 cup thick spaghetti sauce
  • 1 lb hamburger,cooked and drained
  • 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 egg white
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Italian seasonings
  • Garlic powder
Make your spaghetti like you would a normal batch (so if you have a favorite way of doing spaghetti, feel free to do it) Roll out your bread dough into a rectangle...about 7-8 inches by 12.  Place the spaghetti in the center of the dough, sprinkle with cheese.  Then cut strips in the dough and fold over the top of the spaghetti and cheese. 


 In a small bowl, beat the egg white.  


Then brush it over the top of the loaf and then sprinkle Parmesan cheese and Italian Seasonings and garlic over top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  Then serve and enjoy.  I think this would be great with a side of either melted garlic butter or marinara sauce to dip the bread in. (I didn't think about that until after I finished eating mine)


You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:








0 comments: