Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Homemade Take 5

Want a yummy treat? Well I do I always love me some chocolate, caramel, peanut butter, and a little salt! I remember when my husband and I were dating and he introduced me to the amazingness of the Take 5. I would go help him on carpet jobs and if he ran to the store for a soda (feed his addiction) then he would bring me back a little treat and more often then not it was this. How we miss the days of impressing each other with treats or maybe it was just bribery for me to work quicker.......I will just believe it was to make me smile :) 



These are super easy to make you will need
Melted chocolate
Peanut Butter (I use creamy) 
Soft Caramel
Twisted Pretzel
Wax Paper/Parchment Paper


I didn't take a picture of the last step cause you just add a spoonful of chocolate on the top and then you get the finished look. I decided to spoon the chocolate instead of fully dipping the pretzels for the ease of this method. I used homemade caramel that we softened down to bite size by melting and adding some heavy whipping cream into the caramel until it was the consistency we wanted. We were making caramel for a salted caramel cupcake recipe and I wanted to try this too. 

Put a little bit of peanut butter in the pretzel holes. Smear a little chocolate onto the wax/parchment paper and while it is still melted place the pretzel into the chocolate so it will adhere together. Then take a small spoonful of caramel onto the top of the peanut butter pretzel. When you spoon the last of the chocolate onto the top you need to smooth it around so it is pretty and can connect the bottom chocolate together. 

Yes I used a baby spoon I liked the portion control I had. 




You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: