Spring is almost here. I am eager to get outside and not be cooped up. I thought I would invite spring by making a spring wreath. I am ready to take down my winter one. This wreath was easy and enjoyable to craft.
Here is what you will need:
-Different colored fabric. (I found precut and matching fabric bundle at Joann’s with five different colors) I would say ¼ a yard of each. (If that)
-yarn (coordinating color with your fabric)
-jewels or buttons (for the center of the flowers
-1/4 yard of felt (I found some in the clearance section for &.38. That’s a steal.)
-cup, mug or anything circular ( a circle that is the size that you want your flowers to be
1. Wrap the yarn around the wreath. When finished tie a knot between the beginning and the end. Then hot glue to wreath so it won’t unravel.
2. Trace circles onto fabric. Cut out circles. You will need 8 circles per flower
3. Trace circles onto felt about the half the size of your fabric circles. You will need one felt circle per flower. Cut out felt circles
4. Take one circle and fold in half and then half again.
5. Snip off a little of the point of the folded circle
6. Do steps 4 and 5 to four of the circles. These will be the bottom layer of your flower.
7. Glue the four folded circles to the felt circle. The center will make a square.
8. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the top layer of the flower
9. Glue the other four circles onto the top of the other folded circles
10. Take a jewel or button and glue to the center of the flower
11. Repeat step 4 through 10 to make other flowers.
12. Glue the flowers to the wreath.
13. Tie ribbon to wreath and hang up on the door.
You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties: