Thursday, March 28, 2013

DIY Thursday: Spring Craftiness!

Hi Ya’ll!!!!

 I’m so happy to be showing ya’ll a fun Spring Project courtesy of Wood Creations.

What a fantastic little shop! I can literally stand in their store for 30 minutes trying to decide what projects I want to take home. It’s so much fun!

So, with Spring finally here, I wanted to make something fun & bright. That’s where this craft is going to take us!

Photobucket

Doesn’t that phrase just say “Spring”?

Here’s a Before & After…so you can kind of see where this project is going:

Photobucket

Fun!

Here’s how I made mine!

First I painted all my wood pieces.

Photobucket
I already had some fun spring paint colors at home, but guess what??? If I didn’t, Wood Creations has got a great selection of paints to go with any of their projects. I decided that I wanted to pick-up and use some fun scrapbook paper from the store. And bonus…they’re double-sided!

Photobucket

When my wood pieces were dried, I took the grass, flowers & umbrella, flipped them over, and traced their shape onto the fun paper. I then used Modge-Podge to glue them onto the wood-super simple!

Photobucket

As I was going through this project, I wanted to add a little somethin’-somethin’ to it. Then I thought that it would be fun to add some grass; because flowers and grass can readily be found in my garden.

Photobucket

I simply cut out a square of paper, cut some fringe, and then glued it around the dowel:

Photobucket

I then put everything together:

Photobucket

And thought that it needed something else….Raindrops! So I grabbed some blue paper, and cut out some raindrops to glue on top of the umbrella.

Photobucket

And that’s that…I’ve got a wonderful, Springy, decoration for our home!

Photobucket

I hope ya’ll take the chance & hop on over to our little blog! Between the eight of us girls, we’ve got something for everyone.

0 comments: