Friday, November 15, 2013

Foodie Friday: Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup


Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
2-3 chicken breasts
3 celery stalks
3 carrots
1 onion, minced
2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp dried basil
2 bay leaves
6 cups broth (I used about 7-8 bouillon cubes for mine...I like the extra flavor)
plus any extra seasonings you like.  I added minced garlic, and I have this super yummy roasted garlic and herb seasoning that I put on.

2 1/2 c. uncooked egg noodles

Slice your celery, thin.  Shred your carrots. Place the celery, carrots and onion in the bottom of the slow cooker.  then put your chicken on top.  I did mine whole and still frozen.  Pour the broth in.  Then let it cook on high for about 4 hours, or until the chicken is cooked thorough.  When it is done, shred the chicken (I put it in my kitchenaide and let it do the work).  Then let it cook to get some flavor soaked in.  While that is happening, cook your noodles.  Once the noodles are done, add them in the soup and let them cook for about 1/2 hour on low, to soak up some of the flavor.

This was the perfect meal for a rainy day.  I like my soups chunky and this is definitely chunky and full of lots of stuff.  You can add more broth if you like more liquid.  It is a very forgiving recipe =)  Serve it up with some nice warm rolls and YUM!!!!!!



0 comments: