Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wild Card Wednesday: DIY Stocking Hanger

Where do you hang your stockings when you don't have a fire place? I have the perfect solution.  A stocking hanger.


Supplies you will need
-Wood board (I got mine at Bennions Crafts.  It measures 31x6")

-wooden letters(Michaels Crafts)

-wood circles (for the periods)

-pegs (I got mine at Lowe's for really cheap)

-Acrylic paint(Colors of your choice)
-Glue gun

I first started by painting the letters, periods, and pegs red.  Then I painted the board white. After the paint dried I used my glue gun to glue on the letters and periods.  I then had my husband screw in the pegs.  He likes any chance he can to use he power tools.  Love that about him. You can always hot glue the pegs on.  I think they would be fine.  Just don't put stuff in the stockings.  Then I had him hang in the wall.  This was a really easy and fun craft.  Now I have a place to hang my stockings.  Right now it is just my husband and I.  One day I hope to put up more stockings when we have kids.  As of right now we have our stockings for each other.  We also put up our stockings from last year.  My husbands dad has a tradition of our family decorating stockings each year.  I love that tradition.  It is alot of fun. 

YOU CAN ALSO FIND ANOTHER STOCKING HANGER IDEA FROM LAST YEAR ON OUR BLOG HERE



You can find this awesome post linked up to the following Fantastic Parties:


0 comments: