Monday, August 29, 2011

Class of T-Shirt

I've seen this shirt float around different blogs lately and thought that I would make one as well. I had a white t-shirt, thread, & some puff paint, so I went to work.
First, I laid out a piece of paper onto my t-shirt, and with a fabric marker, I outlined my square.
I also used the paper as my guide to draw the red line. I chose a blue marker for the outer paper because I would be sewing blue thread onto the shirt; this would also be the reason why the red line is red.
I sewed the red line down first, and then sewed blue all the way around. Then, starting from the bottom, I went back & forth sewing lines.
We got a little crooked towards the end, but I liked it.
I then printed out my saying, and cut it out. This was my template/stencil. I used a fabric marker again, to stencil out my words.
And then for the fun of it, I add some puff paint.
And here's the finished product {after drying a couple of hours}. Jaxson got way excited because I had made him a shirt :)

Later that night I realized that I counted wrong, and this little dude will actually graduate in 2025. But who would really know that now ;)

1 comments:

Image Wearcw said...

In the early 1950s several companies based in Miami, Florida, started to decorate T-shirts with different resort names and various characters. The first company was Tropix Togs, under founder Sam Kantor, in Miami. They were the original license for Walt Disney characters that included Mickey Mouse and Davy Crockett.Custom Cheerleading T-Shirts