Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Boysenberry Almond Shortbread Cookies


My daughter and I were craving something sweet a little while back and while skimming through my collection of recipes I found this one which I had never made before, but looked good. The original recipe calls for raspberry jam, but I just had strawberry and boysenberry so I decided to try out the boysenberry and they were still really yummy! These are sure to satisfy that sweet tooth!


Cookies:
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 2/3 cup sugar
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 2 cups flour
  • seedless raspberry jam (or another flavor if you prefer)
Glaze:
  • 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 3/4 tsp almond extract
  • 3 tsp milk
Mix together the butter, sugar, and almond extract. Mix in flour. Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press thumb in center of ball to make a small hole. Fill the hole with jam. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes, until edges are slightly brown. Let cool a couple of minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Dizzle warm cookies with glaze. Make about 18 cookies.
* If you put some towels under the cooling rack it will make cleanup a lot easier!

\

Yummy!!!

:



0 comments: