Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sweet Tooth Tuesday: Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


The other day when I was at Sam's Club I grabbed a big thing of Nutella.  I don't know why because I had never had Nutella before (yes, I have gone almost 30 years without trying it....)  Well...I tried and I liked it...big surprise, I'm sure.  The only problem is I have a huge thing of it......so I am trying to find ways to use it.  I found this super yummy recipe...and I may have eaten half the cookie dough before it madeit to the oven.....


Chewy Nutella Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Ingredients
  • ½ C butter, softened
  • ½ C brown sugar
  • ⅓ C sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ C Nutella
  • 1½ C all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ¼ tsp salt
  • ½ C peanut butter chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with a baking mat.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add in egg and vanilla and beat until creamy. Beat in Nutella until combined, scraping down sides as needed.
  3. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat until just combined.
  4. Stir in peanut butter chips.
  5. Drop by tablespoon full onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until edges are set. Centers will look slightly under done.
  6. Allow to cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.





0 comments: