Here is another tutorial from the Monster High Party. This is also a great snack when you do movie nights or to take to the park.
2 cups Sugar
1 cup Light Corn Syrup
⅔ cups Butter Or Margarine
6 quarts Plain Popped Popcorn (I think I may have used more popcorn so maybe pop a bit extra and if you have extra sugar sauce, add more popcorn)
2 packages Kool-Aid (Any Flavor You Want)
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 225 F.
- Boil sugar, syrup and butter/margarine together for 3 minutes.
- On a large shallow ungreased baking dish, spread out popped popcorn.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Kool-Aid with the baking soda.
- Remove sugar syrup from the stove and carefully stir in the Kool-Aid mixture. (This will make the sugar mixture puff up. Be careful to not get burned.)
- Now take sugar mixture and pour it over the popped popcorn. Carefully mix all till combined.
- Place it in the oven and stir every 10 minutes. Repeat this 3 more times.
- Take popcorn out of the oven and when it starts to cool, break it apart into pieces.