Friday, December 27, 2013

Foodie Friday: Lizard Stew

One of the things I love most about winter is being able to cook soups. I am always trying new recipes and this was a new recipe we tried out of the worlwide ward cookbook earlier this week that my family loved. Let me clarify that this soup does not have lizards in it! I have no idea why it is called that but oh man is it good! I told my 5 year old we were having lizard stew and she flipped out, but after I explained there is no lizards in it she was ok with it and actually ended up eating her whole bowl full. The great thing about this soup is that it is very easy to make! Easy is great right? I'm sure your whole family will like this just as mine does and will become a family favorite. That's the kind of meals you want anyways right-yummy and easy:)




Lizard Stew
1 pound ground beef, browned
1 10oz can green chiles and diced tomatoes (I only put in half the amount of green chiles. I didn't want it too spicy)
1 15oz can chili beans
1 26oz can minestrone soup
1 pound velveeta cheese

Combine all ingredients but the cheese in a large pot. Once soup starts bubbling add cheese and heat through. Serve with corn chips if you desire. This can be cooked in a crock pot as well on the low setting.  You would just add the cheese about a half hour before serving. Serves 6




1 comments:

Alice said...

I’m moving and packed away my WWW cookbook! I’m so glad you posted this so I could use up my food storage and make what my daughter requested for her birthday. Love this stew.