Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lime Rickey Cupcakes

 One of my most favorite drinks, especially in the summertime is Lime Rickeys. One of my other most favorite things is cupcakes thanks to the Talented Terrace Girl Teresa introducing me. I have really developed a love of cupcakes and baking them! I think my family and friends love my passion for baking cupcakes as well as they are my main test tasters! The best part of baking cupcakes is creating a recipe and having it turn out to be a great success! Well I have wanted to make a Lime Rickey cupcake because I absolutely love lime rickeys and figured hey that would make a good cupcake. Well the other day I did it! This cupcake tastes like a lime rickey. Yum is all I gotta say!





Lime Rickey Cupcakes
Base:

  • 1 white cake mix
  • 2 TBS oil
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup water
  • zest and juice of 1-2 limes (I used 1 1/2 limes)
Mix all ingredients together, fill muffin tins with liners and fill liners 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Cool completely on a cooling rack.

Grape Buttercream:

  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 tsp vanilla 
  • 1 small package grape jello
  • 5 cups powdered sugar-give or take
Beat butter and cream cheese together for about two minutes. Add vanilla and grape jello and mix until well combined. Add powdered sugar until you reach desired consistency. Pipe onto cupcakes. Garnish each cupcake with a slice of lime if desired and enjoy!

Makes 3 dozen cupcakes






0 comments: